To keep firearms in tip-top shape, they need to be properly cared for and maintained. One of the best ways to do this is by cleaning them on a regular basis, which means using the best bore foaming cleaner available. Investing in high-quality bore cleaners allows you to complete the cleaning task quickly, easily, and efficiently.
Keeping your gun in storage without a proper cleaning can reduce its precision because dirt can accumulate inside. This will make it more difficult to operate once you start using it again. The benefit of a foaming bore cleaner is that the foam allows you to reach all the surface area of the bore when cleaning.
Best Foaming Bore Cleaner
In this buying guide, we’ll look at the best foaming bore cleaners on the market right now. These high-ranking foaming bore cleaners are not only effective and simple to use, but they also provide the best value for your money. Here’s a short rundown of each foaming bore cleaner!
Hoppe’s Foaming Bore Cleaner makes it easy and fast to disintegrate and dissolve powder and residue from your bore. The dispensing tube makes this product even easier to use when dispensing foam into the bore.
This bore cleaner has a superior cleaning formula solution to get rid of copper fouling, so there’s no need to brush the bore. The orange foam also has a color change efficacy indication that will turn blue once the copper fouling is removed and turn black black once the powder residue is removed.
With this indicator, you’ll always know when the foaming action is working. The color changing properties for the cleaning solution only go into effect for black powder and copper residue, but this gun cleaner also works well for minor buildups of rust, lead, and carbon fouling.
- Manufacturer: Bushnell
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 3 x 3 Inches
- Weight: 3.53 Ounces
- Model Number: 908
- One-step cleaning solution
- Quickly and effortlessly dissolves powder residue
- No need for harsh scrubbing
- Changes color to indicate the residue that’s been removed
- Comes in a dispense tube that’s easy to use
- Great for deep cleaning
- Universal to all firearms
- Removes carbon and copper fouling
- Dispensing tube nozzle might be too wide for smaller bores
- Dispensing tube isn’t very flexible
- Foam tends to accumulates at the tip, so you have to push it down the bore
- Doesn’t have an extreme temperature range
- Not ideal for quick range cleaning
This bore cleaner produces an expanding foam. This makes cleaning the bore a breeze while giving it a thorough clean. Simply spray the solution into the breech and wait for the foam to fill the entire bore.
This foam does all the dirty work when it comes to cleaning your firearm. Allow for the foam to decompose before removing it. The manufacturer recommends the use of an Otis Breech-to-Muzzle gun cleaning kit or Ripcord to remove the foam.
- Manufacturer: Otis Products, Inc.
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 3 x 2 Inches
- Weight: 4.64 Ounces
- Item Model Number: RW-903-A-FC
- Size: 3 Ounces
- Only need one hard press to get enough foam for proper cleaning
- Compatible with the Otis Breech-To-Muzzle Gun Cleaning Kit Or Ripcord
- Foam expands when used, giving it a deeper cleaning
- Very effective in removing light fouling
- Cleans with ease, no need for hard scrubbing
- Cannot use in muzzle loaders
- Tube nozzle is too wide for a smaller bore
- Not ideal for cleaning heavy copper fouling
- Doesn’t remove rust in the bore
The CVA AC1688 Barrel Blaster Foaming Bore Cleaner is an excellent option when it comes to keeping your guns clean. This cleanser eliminates rust and prevents corrosion very efficiently. The foam composition soaks up dry spots and makes cleanup easy.
It can be sprayed straight into the bore or used in conjunction with a cleaning brush for gun parts. This foaming bore cleaner is ideal and safe to use on all modern guns. It will help to preserve the barrel and remove any minor rust.
If you’re looking to remove rust from your bore, spray the foam, let it sit for a bit, and then scrub the rust with a cleaning nylon brush or bronze brush before spraying the foam again. It’s a water/citrus based odorless product that doesn’t contain any acids or ammonia. The product dissolves plastic, copper fouling, and powder residue.
- Manufacturer: CVA
- Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 2 x 2 Inches
- Weight: 5.61 Ounces
- Item Model Number: AC1688
Size: 7 Ounces
- Type: Barrel Blaster Cleaner
- Effective, especially for muzzleloaders
- Can be used on different types of guns
- Foaming action eliminates light fouling in the bore
- Spray mechanism is easy to use
- Can be messy to use
- Nozzle on the dispensing tube is too large for smaller bores
- Dispensing tube has limited flexibility
- Not the best rust and corrosion remover
The Thompson Center Foaming Bore Cleaner is a foaming agent made to clean and neutralize the detrimental fouling in muzzleloaders that use black powder. It also helps remove any copper, plastic, and lead residue.
To eliminate rust and corrosion, this foaming agent leaves a micro-thin film of protectant in the bore. Even the most stained fouling will be penetrated by the foam, which means it’s very easy for you! No more scrubbing your barrel for hours on end!
Spray some foam into your bore and let it sit for an hour. This foam cleaning agent truly does all the work for you. The product can only be used for pyrodex type powders and black powder, it cannot be used not for smokeless powders.
- Manufacturer: Thompson Center
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 3 x 3 Inches
- Weight: 7.2 Ounces
- Item Model Number: 31007495
- Size: 7 Ounces
- Doesn’t require hard scrubbing when cleaning
- Specially formulated for Hodgdon powder
- Penetrates carbon and copper fouling
- Great for black powder removal
- A little goes a long way
- Becomes messy when using
- Might make your barrel stick, making it harder to open
- Trigger guard isn’t very strong since it’s plastic
- Foam is not very thick
- Cannot be used for smokeless powders
The Real Avid Gun Cleaning Solvent & Bore Cleaner is a specialized gun bore cleaning solvent that has been designed to remove carbon and copper residue from your gun’s barrel. This bore solvent changes color as it breaks down chemical components. This will help give you an indication as to the substantial build-up or effective removal of copper or carbon fouling.
The foam expands within the barrel and thoroughly permeates the riffling’s lands and grooves, where the copper coating is lodged. It then interacts with the impurities in the bore and quickly dissolves them.
This form outperforms most conventional bore cleaning solutions. It has been developed specifically for cleaning any accumulated, solidified, or baked-on fouling within the bore.
- Manufacturer: Real Avid
- Package Dimensions: 8.5 x 2.75 x 2.5 Inches
- Weight: 1.5 Pounds
- Makes cleaning easier
- Expands to properly penetrate the grooves
- Can dissolve heavy copper fouling or carbon residue
- Changes color to indicate powder and copper removal
- Only suitable for bore cleaning
- Cannot be used on polymer, rubber, painted, or wooden parts
- May cause irritation if it comes in contact with the skin
- Nozzle doesn’t pivot up or down
- Not ideal for deep cleaning
Things to Consider When Buying a Foaming Bore Cleaner
All of these foaming bore cleaners are excellent choices if you want to get the most value for your money! But, we don’t blame you if you’re having trouble deciding which option is best for your gun cleaning needs. If you’re wondering which product is right for you, here’s a brief guide on some final things you should consider before making your decision.
The price of the bore cleaner is one of the most important aspects to consider before making your purchase. The price may vary depending on the brand that you choose. Some gun owners believe in only purchasing high-end, more expensive bore cleaners, while others prefer mid-range, less expensive bore cleaners. It all depends on your preferences.
You have to keep in mind that you need to clean your gun after every shooting session. As a result, you need to have a foaming bore cleaner that will remove layers of gunk quickly and easily. You don’t want to spend all your time cleaning your firearm.
The best gun bore cleaning solvents have specific formulas that can easily penetrate deep into the gun bore to remove any copper, carbon, or other powder residue that could potentially cause damage. You should take the foaming solvent formulation into consideration when buying a foam cleaner because you need to avoid carbon fouling from collecting inside the barrel of your modern firearm.
Type of Gun
There are some foaming bore cleaners that are ideal for cleaning certain types of guns. You may also find that the nozzle on some dispensing tubes is too large to fit in the bore of a small gun. Be sure to double-check that the product descriptions suit your gun type prior to purchasing the foam cleaning solution.
Other factors to consider are if the bore cleaner has a strong odor or might irritate the skin. Some people can’t handle smells that are too strong or they might have sensitive skin. Make sure to do a thorough read of the product description before making any purchases.
Guns and rifles require regular maintenance. Failing to maintain your firearm might cause its functionality to rapidly deteriorate. Using the best foaming solvent or foam gun cleaner will help you clean your guns more easily and keep them in better condition. We hope that this buyer’s guide helped you find the best foaming bore cleaner to suit your needs!