It doesn’t matter if you’re new to shooting or not. One of the essentials you should never overlook is noise-canceling headphones.
If you’ve ever been to a busy range without the means to shut out outside noise, you’d understand why headphones are essential. However, just headphones wouldn’t do the job because not every one of them is equipped to handle shooting needs.
This is why you need noise-canceling headphones from a brand that stands out from others and can ensure you maintain your focus to enjoy your range sessions. In this article, we will review 5 of the best noise-canceling headphones for shooting.
Why Do You Need Noise-Canceling Headphones For Shooting?
You need noise-canceling headphones for shooting. However, you should note that these headphones typically have a limit to the noise they can block out. So you need to ensure your environment isn’t producing more noise than your headphones can handle.
A great way to determine that is to check the noise cancellation rating of the headphones and compare it with the dB level of your firearm. If not, you don’t need the headphones and you should use one specially tailored for shooting to avoid injuries.
What Are The Best Noise-Canceling Headphones For Shooting in 2023?
To keep your focus and accuracy in check, you need to shut out external noise, and the best way to do that is by using top-notch headphones.
The best noise-canceling headphones for shooting are high-quality devices with features that make them able to fulfill your needs at a busy range. Below is the list of the top 5 noise-canceling headphones for shooting.
1. Beats Studio3 Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones
This high-performance Beats Studio3 is a noise-canceling headphone compatible with both Android and iOS devices. It operates via Bluetooth and has a battery life of up to 22 hours.
It features real-time audio calibration to guarantee an elite experience after each use. It’s also pure adaptive noise canceling (pure ANC) which ensures outside noise is blocked out.
The battery life is pretty impressive. It has fast charging in less than 20 minutes. This is enough to boost the lithium-ion battery to last for about three hours. You can use these Beats headphones to perform a range of activities such as taking calls, controlling your music via on-ear controls, activating Siri, etc.
These headphones are a product of Beats by Dr. Dre by Dr. Dre and Jimmy Lovine. This brand has been one of the most used headphones by audiophiles, music lovers, and producers. This is because of its quality sound and noise canceling efficiency, which makes it perfect for you when you’re at the shooting range.
- Amazing noise reduction
- Wide range of activities to perform
- Great sound quality
- Long battery life
- They can easily get damaged so they need to be handled with extra care
2. Anker Life’s Soundcore Q30 Hybrid Noise Canceling Headphones
If you’re looking for the ultimate noise-canceling experience, the Soundcore by Ankler Life does just that.
There are three modes to choose from (indoor, outdoor, and transport) which determines the efficiency of the device. So when you’re at the gun range, it’s impossible to hear the loud noise while using these headphones.
It’s a lightweight (260g) device that is comfortable. You can wear them for long hours because of their protein leather cover. It has an ergonomic design and ear cups that rotate 15° so it can be adjusted to fit your head size.
The sound of Soundcore Q30 has outstanding sound quality due to its 40mm drivers capable of producing treble up to 40kHz. You can use headphones to make calls and perform other tasks.
With these headphones, you can get up to 40 hours of playtime which prevents you from constantly charging it. Additionally, with a 5-minute charge, you get about 4 hours of playtime.
- Efficient in blocking out environmental sounds
- Great sound quality
- Long battery life
- Provides maximum comfort
- The plastic can crack over time
3. Bose QuietComfort 45 Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones With Bluetooth
Apart from blocking out loud gunshots, you need a pair of headphones that can give you that quiet time where you can focus and increase your accuracy. Headphones like the Bose QuietComfort 45 noise-canceling headphones are designed to do that.
Not only is it efficient in shutting out external noise. You can also choose the level of noise cancellation you want by tapping on the button on the left ear cup. You can also use the Aware Mode which allows you to hear your music and environment at the same time.
It’s made with lightweight materials such as synthetic rubber, which makes it comfortable for a long period of use. With it, you can enjoy up to 24 hours of playtime, make calls via its six microphones, or adjust the EQ to your liking.
Its Bluetooth 5.1 feature provides a strong connection within 30 feet (9m) range. A 15-minute charge gives you 3 hours of playtime.
- Can be used for a long time
- Easy to use
- Effective shooting hearing protection
- Can be easily personalized
- Great sound system
- You can’t charge the headphones and use them at the same time
4. Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless Premium Noise Canceling Headphones
The Sony WH-1000XM4 noise-canceling headphones are one of the reliable ways you can easily prevent outside noise from disrupting your range sessions. This device has impressive features like dual noise sensor technology, and touch sensor controls (for volume control, pausing/playing songs, voice assistance, making phone calls, etc).
It’s a noise-canceling device with dual sensor technology and other technological features, which makes it one of the smart headphones for a premium experience.
It also features an impressive battery life which allows you to get up to 30 hours of battery life. Besides, it has a quick charging capability that gives 5 hours of playback after a 10-minute charge.
Other features include:
- Unlimited room to control and personalize what to hear
- A hands-free speak chat feature
- Strong Bluetooth connection
- Seamless multiple device pairing
- Impressive technological features
- Amazing noise reduction
- Long-lasting battery
- There’s a wide range of personalized actions
- Might be hard to set up
5. Skullcandy Hesh ANC Over-Ear Headphones
Skullcandy Hesh ANC is one of the most affordable headphones. It has 40mm drivers that deliver deep bass and loud highs. This Skullcandy Hesh ANC has a 4-Mic digital active noise canceling capability which makes it stand among the best brands.
It has a 22 hours lifespan and charging it for 10 minutes gives you up to 3 hours of playtime.
These headphones are comfortable and won’t cause pain after long usage. You need to download the Tile App to set it up and customize settings.
- Easy to use
- Effective protection against gunshots
- There have been complaints of the bass reducing for some genres when the noise cancellation feature is activated
What are the Things to Look For When Buying a Noise Canceling Headphones For Shooting?
When buying noise-canceling headphones for shooting, there are some criteria to look for to determine if the headphones of your choice suit your needs. It’s important to take note of these so you don’t end up wasting time and money. We’ve broken down these criteria into tips that will be easy to recognize. They include:
- Make sure the headphones have an adjustable headband or padded headband feature to provide optimum comfort.
- Check out the features to see if they suit your needs and more.
- Make sure the sound and noise canceling ratings are enough for you to have a great experience. Also, check if their levels are adjustable to give you more control over what you’re listening to.
- Make sure the Bluetooth connectivity is strong enough to break distance barriers that are likely to occur. Also, check if the device has multiple device pairing features, if that’s what you’re looking for.
- Lastly, ensure the price fits within your budget range and has features that make it worth its price tag.
To provide protection against gunshots, you need quality headphones that will not only improve your alertness but protect your ears from injuries.
The best noise-canceling headphones should not only have excellent noise protection. They should also have a good fit and be comfortable enough to wear for a long time. Be careful and exercise caution while choosing the shooting hearing protection best for you.
Leave a Reply